Saturday, January 20, 2018

California Officially Declares War on People Like Me

Cite. Sign created by some anonymous genius.
I’m a native Californian.

I grew up in California. Los Angeles. I graduated high school here. I returned to California after exiting USAF active duty. The only way in which I'm not wholly an LA Woman is that I was not born here, though my mother was. I was born in Chicago, but was brought here as a babe-in-arms. Keep that in mind.

What's happening to California has been happening for a long time, but it has now been formalized. California was, is,  and has been being ethnically-cleansed. And, for those of you who don't know what ethnic-cleansing is, it's making living conditions so bad for a specific group or specific groups, that they move. They get out.

This has been happening in an informal capacity to black Californians -- especially in southern California -- for a very long time. But now it has been embedded into the makeup of the state and expanded. There’s a lot of evidence for it, but it's overt now, as the following statement by California attorney General Xavier Becerra demonstrates.
California Attorney General Xavier Becerra said on Thursday that the sanctuary state will prosecute any private business that helps federal immigration authorities as they seek to enforce immigration laws that have existed for years. (...)

Speaking at a press conference, Becerra said, "It’s important, given these rumors that are out there, to let people know – more specifically today, employers – that if they voluntarily start giving up information about their employees or access to their employees in ways that contradict our new California laws, they subject themselves to actions by my office."

At the beginning of the year, California became an official "sanctuary state" which prohibits cooperation with federal immigration authorities.

"We will prosecute those who violate the law," threatened Becerra.
California's message to Americans and to legal immigrants: Screw you. Get out if you don't like it. But it's more than that.

You all know about the California secession quest. If I remember correctly, it's going to come up for a vote in 2024. Now here’s the thing: if they get most of us who do not want to secede out of here, they can win this referendum. They are merely trying to stack the deck in advance.

A lot of people all are like, “Go ahead, California. Get the f*ck out. Secede and cut your own throat.” I know that. And, I love California, but I have a lot of other places to go. And they are red states. Well, New Mexico is kind of purple, but the other two states are red states. (It's interesting that most of my family members are Democrats, but most of them live in red states and are well-armed.)

So, I have a decision to make. In a private message, Peter pointed out to me that I need to actively think about bailing out, so that's what I’m going to do. I've stayed here for personal and spiritual reasons -- and I still might if God puts in my spirit that it's what I should do -- but I want to be ready for a decision in one year. Therefore, in January of 2019, I'm going to decide and act, on way or the other.

So, those of you who pray, I'm asking you to 1. pray for me to make the correct decision, and 2. pray for me to have the resources; earn the resources. I'll take any resources that anybody wants to give, but I want to be able to earn those resources in a place where the powers-that-be put my financial well-being last.

Every Tuesday and Saturday, I blog at the award-winning DaTechGuyBlog. Latest post: The New Fun Tastes Funny


When you hit the Tip Jar, it helps pays for: A Roof Over My Head, Food, Gasoline, Car Insurance, the writing of My Next Book(s), and Utilities--especially Internet and COFFEE! Yes, coffee is a utility.






No comments: