Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Tiananmen Envy

US Army parading
President Trump has ordered that the US Armed Forces plan and execute a military parade and, as usual, the partisans are picking sides on the topic. I’m neither for nor against it, but I wanted to see what some of my fellow veterans who are anti-Trump had to say about it. Unfortunately, I haven’t found any of these who aren’t screaming MILITARY DICTATORSHIP!!!

Even a retired general is far too emotional in opposing it.  About the only logical reason to be against it is the amount of money it may cost.

Then, of course, there are those who don’t know jack about the military, military protocol, who are unfamiliar with the term ‘pass in review,' and who long to be martyrs in battle against the Evil Trumpian State. Like these.


That some military dictatorships have military parades does not mean that military parades are, in and of themselves, indicative of a military dictatorship or a totalitarian state. There are a lot more things to be mixed into such a stew – starting with the confiscation of civilian firearms. Call me when this or any future president orders that.

(Thanks to Heidi Gordon)

Every Tuesday and Saturday, I blog at the award-winning DaTechGuyBlog. Latest post: Who Runs Things? (Site still down.)

When you hit the Tip Jar, it helps pays for: A Roof Over My Head, Food, Gasoline, Car Insurance, the writing of My Next Book(s), and Utilities--especially Internet and COFFEE! Yes, coffee is a utility.




No comments: